A magnetic drilling machine is also referred to as a portable drilling machine, magnetic drill press, and magnetic drill. A magnetic drilling machine is a portable tool with an electromagnetic base and a cutting tool attachment. The tool includes a rotary cutter, milling cutter, annular cutter, twist drill bit, etc.
A magnetic drilling machine has a variable speed control and a reversible motor for tapping, countersinking, and reaming. With a cross table base, it may also mill. Metals can be drilled using it to create holes. One of its key benefits is that it may be used to drill holes at distant locations, saving the user from having to bring their work site to the machine.
Features of a Magnetic Drilling Machine That are Operational
Both on-site and off-site projects can benefit from the magnetic drill press. It can be used in many different industries, including heavy engineering, fabrication, and construction. The portable magnetic drill is primarily used for on-site hole drilling for structural steel construction and repair. The magnetic drilling machine price in India is very affordable, but do buy from a quality and reliable source only.
Mechanics and Operation of the Magnetic Drill Press
A magnetic drill press motor powers a magnetic drill machine. With certain speed and torque settings, this motor operates similarly to a DC motor. In the steps that follow, let's study how magnetic drill machines operate.
- Position the workpiece to be drilled on the magnetic drill press.
- Depending on the diameter and cutting depth of the intended hole, attach the
appropriate core drill and ejector pin to the arbor.
- Align the location where the hole is to be bored with the magnetic drill machine.
- Adjust as necessary to acquire the hole's right center. A pilot pin can be used to
locate the center by lightly contacting it with the tip.
- Depending on the model type, connect the device to the power source.
- By setting the gear to the desired cutting speed rate, you may manage the
- In the appropriate manner, turn on the magnetic switch and the magnetic drill
press motor. Never directly crash the cutter into the job.
- To ensure smooth functioning, turn on the lubricating tap. More lubricant should
be used to achieve desired outcomes.
- When drilling, apply a strong downward push on the machine. It aids in making
a hole in a piece of work. Reminder: Make sure the drill is operating at a solid,
consistent feed rate.
- Use an annular cutter to completely cut the workpiece, and then reset the
motor to its initial position.
- To prevent avoidable mishaps, always clean the work area after finishing the
The user can complete the precisely finished holes faster and with a longer cutter and machine lifespan by following the aforementioned directions.
When operating the magnetic drill machine, take these safety precautions
- The use of the device in a combustible or possibly explosive setting is strongly discouraged.
- It is advised to only operate the machine with the correct supervision and direction from a qualified expert or responsible person.
- The machine's safety chain and switch functionality must be checked beforehand.
- After using a machine, always turn it off and unplug it from the outlet to prevent dangerous mishaps.
- Before using, make sure the tool is tightly secured, and never let the connecting cables hang over the edges.
- Keep the appliance dry, clean, free of oil and grease, and out of children's reach.
The construction, fabrication, and heavy engineering industries are the main target markets for the magnetic drill press. These tools are perfect for use both on-site and in workshops. In addition to being designed for core drilling, magnetic drill presses are also excellent for twist drilling, reaming, countersinking, and tapping. Core drilling machine prices in India are very affordable.